I started using recently Rosetta stove v3. The application is great and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to try to learn a new language. However one day without any warning it stopped working giving me an error of
error 2125: database out of date
Looking at the technical support site of Rosetta I found out that this happens when an online update does not complete. The fix according to their site was to contact their technical support.
Being an impatient person I experimented a bit and found the following fix:
* find the tracking.db3 file in your appdata folder (for windows 7 its C:\programData\Rosetta Stone\tracking.db3 (hidden folder) and rename it to tracking.db3.bak
* Restart the pc
* launch rosetta stone (all your progress has been lost now)
* close the rosetta stone application
* rename tracking.db3.bak to tracking.db3
* Launch the application again and here you go, you can use it again :-)
From the comments below try this instead first, thanks Barry Hanley.
Don’t do any of that. Just go to Start menu. Right click Rosetta stone ver. 3. Click properties. Click compatability, check “run as administrator”. Restart your computer. Bingo! Problem solved